Testing and Issues
Entries with serious issues will not be able to win the contest, but even minor issues might be important for overall results.
The contest task is almost completed. The app supports many media types, drafts, live locations and polls, but proper GIF recognition, album support and audio playback are yet to be implemented. The search design is incorrect. Imperfections identified during the first stage are partially fixed, but some performance and design issues linger on. The app doesn't support 2SV login flow in Safari ('undefined' error).
The app doesn’t comply with the design guidelines. Other issues:
– Read status is not sent when the chat is opened.
– Video playback continues in the background even if when media viewer is closed.
– Media downloading indicators are not synced with the downloading progress at all.
– Media previews blink when opening the Shared Media section.
– Photos blink with black when Shared Media items are loading.
– HTML injections.
Transferred size on startup: 227KB
Transferred size after logging in: 353KB