Testing and Issues
You can test this app and submit issues during the testing period of the iOS Chart contest.
Entries with serious issues will not be able to win the contest, but even minor issues might be important for overall results.
PS. Found issue just to add comment :) That was pretty hard. I think this app should be a winner, bug with x labels is not critical.
now that ive actually tested almost all the apps - yours is really the best:
- no crashes no glitches
- works fast af
- supports landscape
- all bonuses are implemented with awesome animations
- design is perfect
- you gracefully handle all the issues
- u now 50k richer :D
So please, do not consider this to be an edge case, but rather a pretty common use case.
• range selection slider should have light border in 'filled' chart types in day mode
• wrong disclosure indicator color in selected values table in night mode
• (not a requirement) highlighted state of selected values table is barely noticeable especially in night mode
• (not a requirement) column selection buttons don't have highlighted state
• Dates formatting (everywhere)
• Numbers formatting (decimal grouping and separator in selected values table)
• Percent numbers formatting (5th chart)
Also device time zone is not respected – all dates/times are displayed in UTC instead of local device time
Subjectively, I also don't like this avoidance logic – displaying table centered for selection and moving it left/right when it obscures selected points. For certain types of charts it causes table to frequently change position even when you pan slowly through the selection (2nd video).
• 4th chart in zoomed-in state displays times not aligned to hour bounds (screenshot 1)
• Hours picked for display are no so 'nice numbers' compared to what mocks use – 5, 11, 17 vs. 0, 8, 12 (screenshot 2)
• There is a nice behavior when during scaling new labels appear a) only between visible labels b) with animation. This behavior breaks on higher zoom scales (video)
PS: the dynamic switching between hours/days/months during is scaling is a cool feature 👍