Testing and Issues
Entries with serious issues will not be able to win the contest, but even minor issues might be important for overall results.
1.1. Live loading new messages;
1.2. Infinite scrolling history;
1.3. Оnline status + last online time;
1.4. Sending message and updating read/unread status;
1.5. Forwarded messages, animated and static stickers, images, web pages.
2.1. Infinite scrolling list;
2.2. Pinned list;
2.3. Updating and sorting dialogs in left sidebar by last message time;
2.4. If message is readed on other client - dialog will be updated;
2.5. Live loading unread messages count;
2.6. Muted dialog has a gray colored unread messages count.
3. Implemented new 2FA algorithm.
Big thanks to webogram, telethon developers.
Using modernized webogram's MTProto, ported to 105 layer.
1. May be a bug with loading a couple of avatars, please try to reload the page;
2. There is no tail on message bubble;
3. Some attachments doesn't work properly;
4. No service messages.
Phone numbers for test:
99966XYYYY, where X is connected DC (can be finded in console), and Y are random numbers.
Auth code will be XXXXX (the DC number, repeated five times).
The contest task is completed. The design of the app is partially different in specific details to the design of the provided mockups: e.g. the bold font on the login screen.
The following deficiencies were identified during the testing:
– Entering country prefix makes the country set as Unknown;
– Search issues (not possible to find Koreas by 'Korea', Germany by 'man', etc.);
– The phone number is being edited on the code screen, which is not correct. Once you start editing the phone number, you should be redirected to the login screen.
– Sloppy on rendering profile pictures, reloading the page helps;
– A bit slow on loading chat history;
– Profile pictures overlap each other when messages contain unsupported media.
One major issue was discovered in Safari: the app jumps after opening a chat, the input field appears and disappears, the scroll's behavior is unpredictable.
We recommend to focus on optimizations and decreasing the amount of initially downloadable code, since this has prevented the app from being promoted to a higher place.
- Phone number is not formatted
- Native browser autocomplete should probably be disabled on Country input
Good job! + for monkey animation
- in phone input: return key doesn't do anything
- "we have sent you an SMS" - the text is always like this, even if a telegram message/phone call was sent
- not responsive
2. Can't register new user. Don't get sms code.